Rated at 80,000 prints the Samsung ML-3050, 3051 Fusing Assembly – JC96-04387A, JC96-04387B, JC96-03964A assembly is a pretty well built part. I’ve seen these units last way past their intended life. Would I recommend doing that? No, because it can lead to unwanted down time and cause other parts to wear down like the fuser drive gears. I’m unsure if it’s the size of the machine or the age of the unit, but this model doesn’t have a PM counter so it won’t tell you when it’s time to replace the unit. It’s up to you to keep an eye on it and decide when it needs replaced.
Pricing for the Samsung ML-1610, 2010 Fusing Assembly – JC96-03400G, JC96-03400A
Not much to say in this article about the ML-1610, 2010 Fusing Assembly. Due to the design of the machine and the cost I don’t feel to many people will be replacing the fusing assemblies in these machines. With all that being said the JC96-03400G, JC96-03400A Samsung ML-1610, 2010 Fusing Assembly is rated at 50,000 prints. Along with the fusing assembly the transfer roller and pick up roller are also rated at 50,000. Genuine Samsung JC96-03400G (JC96-03400A) Fuser Unit
Fuser Error Messages – Samsung ML-1610
Open Fuser Error - The [Error] LED (red) and the [Toner Save] LED are simultaneously flashing every one-second.
Over Heat Error – The [Error] LED (orange) and the [Toner Save] LED are simultaneously flashing every one-second.
Low Heat Error – The [Error] LED (red) and the [Toner Save] LED are simultaneously flashing every 4 seconds.
Brother DCP 8150DN Multifunction Review and Specifications
Brother has been leading the small to midsize multifunction category for the last ten years. The Brother Printer DCP-8150DN B/W Multifuntion is yet another amazing machine in the Brother 8000 series. These machines print and copy at speeds up to 40 pages per minute, offers color scanning, mobile and network printing, print duplexing. Also they come standard with a wide variety of copy features for those looking for unique settings like ID copy, sorting, and N in 1 coping. The Brother Control Center software is easy to use and offers a wide variety of scanning and email features. I tell customers all the time that if they never scanned before this will be the easiest machine to learn on.Once they get started they will never buy another machine without the scan feature, again. Finally, at its low-cost and standard 3 year warranty customers will have worry free copying and printing when they purchase this Brother DCP 8150DN.
The Brother Printer DCP-8150DN B/W Multifuntion machines work great in home, small, or midsize office settings. Churches, Doctor offices, insurance companies or any business planning on making 3,000 to 6,000 copies and prints a month will love these multifunction devices. Really, words can’t express how great I believe these machines are. As a technician who sees all sorts of multifunction equipment from all manufactures, I can’t find another manufacture that has a machine that can match the Brother 8000 series equipment. Over ten years, about the only complaint I’ve ever had is with customers who over use the machine. They’re great machines, but they don’t handle 20,000 prints a month. OK, I take that back, they will handle 20,000 a month. Heck, I’ve seen them do 30,000 a month, but they will fall apart in a few years. On average, I recommend these to people who plan on doing up to 50,000 to 60,000 prints and copies a year who don’t need 11×17 capabilities and finishing features like hole punch and stapling. Yes there are cheaper machines out there but the main thing I say to my customers is that this is a 10 year machine. You put this machine in an office space and given you use it within its specifications you probably will have it the next ten years with little maintenance and repair bills.
I could go on and on but for more information check out the specifications below and then click on the Brochure following to have a full break down of all the features, like the availability to install an additional 500 sheet tray for more versatility.
About my only complaint about this machine is the size and cost. First, I believe it holds a higher value for how durable it is and the vast variety of features it has. The main thing I see on some of these machines is that people throw them away when they need repaired. They are worth repairing so I believe Brother somewhat shoots themselves in the foot here. Second is the size. People look at the size and think it can’t handle moderate usage or it won’t last very long. Both could be further from the truth.
Review of the Brother HL 2230 Black and White Laser Printer
1. The Brother HL2230 Monochrome Laser Printer is Brother’s lowest end black and white machine. With that being said it does print at 24 page per minute, has a 250 sheet cassette tray that handles letter and legal sizes, and can handle a high yield cartridge that, on average, has a 2,600 page yield. Those three features along with its extremely low-cost make it one of the best deals out there in the personal compact laser printer category.
2. This machine is built for home or personal use in an office setting. The small compact size of the unit is designed to fit just about anywhere. Another nice feature that people tend to enjoy is it’s really quite operating volume. As machines have increased in speed they have tended to increase in noise the last few years. This machine will be a happy change from all the noise one experiences with older printers like the HP 24o0 series models.
3. Over the years people have used inkjet printers in their offices. Most people find the newer inkjet machines consume way to much ink and break all the time. Most people find they use the color feature less often as most companies by now of color laser machines. Due to this people are just using their personal office printers for black and white prints. For people who find they only need black and white prints and want a cheap and cost-effective machine the Brother HL2230 Monochrome Laser Printer is a perfect printer for their situation.
At first I was going to give this a 4 out of 5 stars but then I though about how it was intended to be used. I thought a network feature would be nice but then I though people would over use it. I also realize that other manufactures don’t have toners the size of this machine in their extremely small laser printers. Plus, I’ve seen comment after comment on how quite this machine is, which is impossible to get on most machine now a days. So I would say on this model Brother did an excellent job of designing this machine. I could complain about the manual feed tray but for its low-cost if you’re expecting a great manual feed tray like on larger models your probably a few cards short of a full deck.
Below is a link to the HL 2230 printer on Amazon if you feel you want more reviews and other details about the machine and pricing.
Brother HL 4570CDWT Printer Specifications and Review
The Brother Printer HL4570CDWT Color Laser Printer is Brothers largest and fastest color printer printing at speeds up to 30 pages per minute color and black. These machines come fully loaded with wireless network capabilities, duplex printing, high-capacity toner cartridges with 6,000 page yield on black and 3,500 pages on color, and can hold up to 800 sheets of paper.
I’ve setup and installed a few of these bad boys and they are great machines for their cost. I would go as far as to say they are the best buy for the features they have and the durability of the machine. One of the reasons I feel so highly about these machines is the high yield cartridges and the cost of parts. Majority of the other manufactures that have machines in this category don’t have toners with such large cartridge yields. Another thing I’ve found is the cost of the internal parts is rather inexpensive. While manufactures like Xerox might make better print quality machines in this category the cost of the parts are outrages. Lots of manufactures producing machines at this price range are still considered throw away machines when parts like the main board or laser scanner have issues. Heck on a Xerox some of the parts cost more than the machines. Majority of the parts on these Brother machines cost less than the supplies. While this might not seem very important now it will be in a few years down the road when the machine breaks and you need it repaired. Unlike other manufactures you will be able to afford to fix these machines.
Brother HL 4150CDN Printer Review, Specifications, and Product Brochure
The Brother HL4150CDN Color Printer is probably the first machine I think about when people start asking about cost efficient inexpensive color printers. Yes, there are cheaper models out there but this is lowest cost Brother machine that features high-capacity cartridges. I get people complaining to me all the time about the life of their cartridges and I’m always like that’s what you get with a 2 to $300.00 printer, 1,500 cartridge yield. The high yield Black cartridge on the 4150CDN last around 6,000 and 3,500 for the colors.
These machines also feature duplex printing and easy network setup along with options to expand memory and add an additional 500 sheet tray for larger workgroup settings. These machines make great home and small business printers with room to expand to higher print volume settings. I’d recommend these machines to people who plan on averaging 20,000 to 50,000 prints a year.
Another nice feature which causes grief on smaller models like the 3075 is that it has a drop down multi-purpose tray. Doesn’t sound like much but when you buy a machine and plan on using special paper or envelopes your going to be upset if you don’t have this feature. Trust me I know. I get to hear customer complain about smaller models when I service their machines. I just sit back and think, if you would have come to me I could have asked you the right questions before you made the purchase so I would have sold you the machine you needed.
Like all Brother Laser and LED models about the only problem I find with these machines is the color quality. If you never used a color machine and printed off pictures before you probably will think it’s great. However, if you ever used a Brother or Epson inkjet you will be less than impressed. It works great for spread sheets, graphs, and a few pictures here in there but don’t plan on printing off pictures and putting them into a photo album or hanging them on the wall. Now there are lots of features in the software where you can adjust color settings and you can make you picture quality somewhat better with some fine tuning, but the print quality settings seem quite large and complicated. After messing with it for a while you soon forget what option you changed and which one helped and which didn’t. Best thing to do is fine a setting you like and apply the changes on the driver side to make sure you don’t have to go in and adjust the color setup all the time.
For more details, pricing, and reviews click on the link below for more information provided by Amazon.
Brother HL 3075CW Color Printer Reviews and Specifications
The Brother HL3075CW Wireless Color Printer is another low-cost color machine that offers quite a punch for its small size. Like the 3045CN model the main function of this machine is to offer mainly black and white printing with professional looking color prints when needed. This machine works great in home and small office settings. Excellent idea for college and high school students needing a quick, professional, and reliable printer to print off school work. While these machines are not designed to handle high volume printing it will get the job done when needed. Perfect machine for those people sick of dealing with low quality build inkjet machines that tend to break down after a year or two of usage.
The Brother HL3075CW Wireless Color Printer has all the same features as the HL 3045CN model but offers wireless printing and a walk up usb port to download and print pictures off without the need of downloading them to your computer. Brother’s first wireless machines required a PHD in computer science to install on wireless networks. After probably several thousand complaints Brother realized the need to improve this feature. So now on these newer updated models Brother makes the install and setup of these machines very simple on wireless networks.
The main issues I see from a customer’s point of view is the quality of print and the low cartridge yields.
Yes these machines will not give you picture quality prints like an inkjet. If you plan on printing off lots of pictures this machine probably isn’t for you. You will always be hard pressed to find a laser or LED machine give you that kind of quality unless you want to spend lots of money. Don’t get me wrong, these machines handle pictures great but their not excellent.
Yes these machines have small toner cartridges. Look at the recommended monthly yield. I recommend these machines to people planning on doing 1 to 5,ooo a year, 15,000 to 20,000 max. Once you get that high of a volume you need to be looking at larger machines with higher capacity cartridges.
The Brother Printer HL3045CN Color Printer machine is a perfect entry-level machine for home personal usage or small office settings. While the primary usage of this machine is meant to be black and white it offers the capability of color to help produce professional looking documents. Also, a good printer for college or grade school students looking to produce excellent black and white or color printed school work. This printer will help their school work or your office work stand out against the competition.
At its low-cost the Brother Printer HL3045CN Color Printer can be a great replacement for people sick of throwing money away on inkjet machines that will last a year and break. Being a technician and seeing the decline in quality of inkjet machines I’m constantly recommending people to get out of the end less cycle of buying a machine every year just to throw it away. I believe these machines would be an excellent replacement to those inkjet machines and with its small size it can easily fit into some ones home or small office. Plus with its network interface you can have several people print to this machine in small office networks.
The only thing that I would warn people about on the Brother HL 3045CN is that it’s not designed for heavy usage. If you do 20,000 prints on this a year your going to constantly be buying toner cartridges. I’d sell this to some one who plans on doing 1,000 to 5,000 prints a year, at the max 10,000. Like any small color laser or LED machine, from all manufactures, these toners do not have high yields. That’s the main reason why I recommend these machines mainly for students or people with home offices who want the professional print but don’t want to spend $700 for the larger models.
HP LaserJet 2400, 2420, 2430 Series Fuser Removal Procedure
Below is the instructions for the fuser removal in the HP laserjet 2400 series printers. If you need to click on the pictures to blow them up for a better view. Also following this article is a link to order a fusing assembly if needed. Hp Laserjet 2400 Series Fuser Assembly Rm1-1535
HP 2400 Series Back cover Removal
1. Open the face-up delivery door all the way, and then press the door down to disengage two door-stops. RED
2. Remove two screws. BLUE
3. Close the face-up delivery door, and then tip the printer so that it rests on its front.
4. Open the “legal-size” cover, and then disengage one tab.
5. Lift the bottom of the cover first, and then lift the cover away from the printer.
6. Tip the printer back so that it rests on its feet.
HP 2400 Series I/O cover Removal
1. Rotate the I/O cover to clear tabs at the right side of the cover.
2. Lift the cover off of the printer.
HP 2400 Series Fuser Removal
1. Remove the fuser-cable cover by releasing one tab on the cover, and then rotating the back of the cover toward the center of the printer.
2. Remove the duplexer inlet guide by releasing two tabs on the guide (RED), and then sliding the guide toward the back of the printer. Reinstallation tip Make sure that both tabs snap back into place when reinstalling the duplexer inlet guide.
3. Disconnect two cables at the left, inside, of the printer. BLUE Square
4. Disconnect the fuser cable at the right side of the printer. BLUE Square
5. Remove four screws. RED
6. Tilt the fuser slightly toward the back of the printer, and then slide the fuser out of the back of the printer.
Note: When replacing the fusing assembly I highly recommend that you replace the noise reduction gear kit to avoid unwanted problems.
How to diagnose and troubleshoot the 51.10 Printer Error on the HP LaserJet 2400 Series Machines
The 51.10 printer error is usually associated with the laser scanner assembly. In this article I’d like to briefly talk about this error and how to go about troubleshooting.
On monochrome machines like the 2400 series the 51.10 printer error doesn’t usually show up when the machine starts up because the laser scanner assembly doesn’t rotate. However, once you send a print job the scanner motor turns on and the machine waits a few seconds to get to its correct operating speed. If it doesn’t get to that speed or for some reason the machine reports a beam detect issue you will see this error or the 52.10 error. HP LaserJet 2400 Series Laser Scanner Assembly RM1-1521
1. Turn the machine off then on. Sometimes these errors are a fluke. Our Brother machine gave this machine last month and it hasn’t happened again. I’ve also seen some machines that were very touchy and just moving it a little while it was trying to print would result in this error. If the machine is working fine I would print off the error log and see how often it is doing it. If you see more than one or two of these errors close together I would advice replacing. If this is the first occurence I still probably would recommend it. Now if they refuse and call me back in a day or two. You can bet I’m not showing up unless they agree to replace the laser scanner assembly.
2. Check your cables and make sure that the shutter at the front of the unit is working. I don’t have one in front of me but some of them have a shutter inside the unit that blocks the scanner if the door is open so check that.
3. Listen for odd noise when it starts up. Usually when the laser motor starts up it sounds somewhat like a fan. If the bushings are dry it will get high-pitched and very noisy. Loud when it starts up and after it prints you will hear it wind down. Pretty obvious noise. If you want you can remove the laser scanner motor inside, take it out, and lubricate the shaft and motor bushings. Typically this is more for the 52.10 error where you have the speed issue. If you do this be extremely carefull with the mirrors on the motor. They scratch real easy and if damaged will never work right again.
For help press ? alternates with To continue turn off then on
A temporary printing error occurred
1. Press the SELECT button to continue.
2. Turn the printer off and then on.
3. Reseat the connectors between the laser/scanner and ECU (J83 and J84).
4. Replace the laser/scanner assembly.
5. Replace the ECU.
ADVERTISING DISCLOSURE : Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided “AS IS” and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Amazon, the Amazon logo, Endless, and the Endless logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.